Sunday, November 1, 2009

Greenbelt shopping.

The nice warm weather has urged me to wander the Greenbelt some more. I have found lots of Oysters and even what I think are some Brown Meadow Mushrooms (Agaricus cupreobrunneus). I found a log full of Oysters and looked down to find I was standing on the Meadow Mushrooms. Below are some interesting shots of mycelium of the Oyster mushroom. I saw some little guys sticking out and pulled some bark on a couple of logs. I put the bark back the best that I could. There are hundreds of little guys starting out to be huge. Click on the photos to enlarge them.






In the left hand photo at the top of the log is a rare center stiped Oyster. I cut it off an it sure smelled like an Oyster and had decurrent gills.


In the left hand photo above you can see Pholioto destruens and Pleurotus ostreatus on the same tree (Cottonwood). Click on the photo.


A shot of before and after the harvest. I will do the Meadow mushrooms on a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment