Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some shrooms from north of Banks

I went to an area north of Banks two days ago. It was lightly snowing most of the time. I found some really interesting mushrooms. See the photos below. Click on the picture to get a better view. Don't eat anything on my guess.

A little of everything I found. The orange-colored shelf-like mushrooms on the right puzzle me. The grow like oysters with an off-center stipe and orange gill plates. The spore print looks white.


I put this Phlogiotis helvelloides (my guess) jelly next to some other, what I think is, Witch's butter Tremella mesenterica. Let me know with a comment on what you think they are.


I collected a bunch of these Blue-green Anise (Clitocybe odora) I didn't eat them but they really smell like anise. Has anyone tried them?


Sulfur Tuft top (Naematoloma fasciculare) Poisonous!


It is hard to tell in this photo but the gills are a light green color.


There was a bunch of this what I think is Crested coral (Clavulina cristara). Any guesses?



Very pretty but I haven't looked them up.


This isn't a good mushroom or even a good picture. I was thinking it might be a lobster mushroom. Do we have those here? It looked like a lobster even with all of the mold.


There was even one group of Ramaria magnipes poking up.


I haven't figured this one out either. I was wondering if we have Blewits here. This one has a blue colored gill and stains blue when cut.
That is enough for now. Please make comments or email me at kevinsub@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment