Friday, November 6, 2009

Compare the good and a bad mushrooms.




I have taken a photo of the edible Brown meadow mushrooms (Agaricus cupreobrunneus) compared to the poison yellow stainer (Agaricus xanthodermus). Look closely for the semi-hollow stipe on the meadow mushroom and the caps difference.The four on the right half of the photo are the yellow stainers. Click on the picture to look for the yellow stain or yellow foot.

Below is the yellow stainer (Agaricus xanthodermus) alone. If you rub the cap it turns yellow.


Here is a photo of what I think is a Hericium Americanum. In an earlier entry I showed what I think is a Hericium ramosum also listed as Hericium coralloides. Compare the two.


Close up.

Top view.

Log side view.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Kevin. Reta and I spent a day around Cabin Cr. CG on the MF of the Weiser last Tuesday. We found about 16 different mushrooms. Every type was small to real small. Reta wants a blog site. She will have to sit down to create it and says she may not have the patience. I will get pictures added to my blog when I get home. Gave up fishing today because of the high winds.

    ReplyDelete