Friday, October 23, 2009








My first Morel (Morchella elata) excellent



It looks like the mountains are just about done due to the cold weather. We had some good rain but the cold nights has shut things down the best that I can tell. I have explored up near Bogus and Crouch and haven't found much. I think it is time to cover the Boise Greenbelt and see what I can find. The year has brought Morels, Boletes, Hedgehogs and more to my closet. I have done well in my first year. I have sampled (carefully) 9 types of edible mushrooms. I am excited to get out in the spring and build on my stash of Morels. See the pictures below.


A large overripe King Bolete (Boletus Edulis) Excellent if not overripe


Hawks Wing (Sarcodon imbricatum) not really a good edible
Mushroom master at work.
Just about a pound of Hedgehogs (Hydnum repandum) excellent.

Coral (Ramaria magnipes) edible by some people. I haven't tried them.








1 comment:

  1. Loved the photos as always! Your stagings, arrangements, and ways of showing scale all make the blog interesting. I like the variety of ways you place the photos as you scroll down, which also keeps reader interest up.

    Kathy G in Mormon Country
    Well, maybe we're all in Mormon Country

    ReplyDelete