Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello this is Kevin. I went out tonight after work looking to see what has come up. I found 3 new little morels in my yard before I headed to the greenbelt. I am taking pictures of the morels in the yard everyday to see how much they grow in a day. On the green belt Jaz our dog and I found as many morels as we did ticks. I am still picking them out of her fur. I must have found 15 on my pant legs. I ended up finding two clusters of morels under two different trees. They are very hard to see. They are very blond and much lighter then the ones in my yard. I didn't pick any in hopes that they will grow in this warm weather. I counted 26 in all. After locating these I went to another spot where there is an interesting mushroom crop. Bob Chehey spent a lot of time researching them and he thinks they are Agaricus bisporus. It seems that we haven't reported them in Idaho before. They have been reported in Ca. and Wa. I have found a huge crop of them. I have collected several and may try them in the morning. I talked about them at the meeting. Take a look at the pictures. The ones I took photos of are overripe. The fresh ones have pinkish gills. Click on the photo for a better image.






1 comment:

  1. (Ahhh, Kev, he thinks, nice know'n ya! I be wait'n until I got the official Sir Bob word there. Before eating that is!) Anyway, great news about the morels, makes me want to got out this weekend and look some more up this way! reta

    ReplyDelete